Thursday, May 08, 2008



Tuesday the winds gave us a break. I put two poles with pin perch behind the condo and two on the pier. Right away I caught a 16 inch trout on the pole behind the condo. Several hours later the same pole caught an 18 inch trout. One on the pier must have hooked into a big red. When I checked it, the line was under the pier and broken off.

Sand was put on the beach in the morning. Thirty loads at $200 each were ordered. It looks like that was just about right. I did see three loads put on Richy's property at the end of the pier. The price included spreading. In the afternoon the wind came up and what sand did not blow away was being washed away. The picture is of the area behind 101 in the afternoon. You can see the sand washing around the corner and under Richy's shoreguard. The three loads on his side hardly made a difference. The water still drains that direction. When I went to take in my poles it was like walking in quicksand. The fresh sand and a lot of water make a pretty slushy mix.

Remodeling has started on 204. When they took up the tile floor in the entrance area, the subfloor came up with it. I'm sure many subfloors are also rotted. It looked strange to stand at the door and look inside and see the piers and beams under the building. Justin was swinging a mean sledge hammer trying to drive new plywood into place. He did say that he has received the liability insurance confirmation from the roofer who has given us a good price. I hope it works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home