Monday, May 05, 2008

The Nautical Flea Market was held this weekend at the Rockport harbor. I went Saturday and it was very crowded. I didn't find anything I couldn't live without.
I looked out toward the 700 building at dusk on Thursday. I saw two guys on the very top of the roof and the wind was howling. I checked it out and found they were out to give a roof estimate. They were late because first they had a deer run into their truck and a short time later the timing belt broke and they had to hitch a ride to Rockport to get parts to fix it. They were from CN roofing in Port Lavaca. They did think the deer survived.
Friday evening Justin said that he has a bid for the roof that is $75,000 under our estimated cost. He will check out the company references and work and they may begin very soon. They think they can finish in two weeks after starting. I told Justin that all the owners that I have talked to concur that the entrance road should be a very hight priority. I showed Justin some of the loose tiles that are just laying on the roof and may slide down any time. The pictures are of the tiles above 503 and 607.
I have also included a picture of work on the sidewalk near 608. The water has always washed out below the sidewalk at the end of the crosswalk. You see in the picture Jesse and Ron with the rented jackhammer. I'm not sure what they were trying to do. We have filled that area over the years with a great deal of concrete and the only final resolution will be to build a wall with shoreguard to prevent the water from eating out the soil beneath the sidewalk.
The south side of the breakwater is coming apart near the end. It looks like six of the long through bolts have fallen out and a seventh is almost gone. This leaves the shoreguard loose between the whalers and they constantly rattle and move. We probably need to budget annually for breakwater maintenance although it should be shared with Phase II and Sea Shell Shores.


































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home