Sunday, November 16, 2008


The concrete around the boat launch looks nice. Boats should be able to be launched again by tomorrow. I haven't put a tape to the area, but its looks like about $7,000 of concrete. I hope Justin decides to split the cost with the others who use the ramp. Phase II just had another $5,000 assessment at their owners' meeting earlier this month. They plan to take down the tennis court and make an entrance to the motel. The utility cables will be placed underground. I guess now we will share out tennis court. Maybe they could help in our cost to redo the court. A new sign for the entrance will be commissioned. I understand Phase I may contribute to that also. It seems like an unnecessary cost to those who do not rent through the onsite rental office. I would think that would be a rental pool expense.
I attended a meeting at Little Bay Elementary on Thursday evening for a presentation on building a new causeway over Copano Bay. TXDOT had a large contingent there and it was a standing room only crowd. They presented several options. They hope to begin work within three to five years. The option to run it just west of the existing causeway would interfere with the boat ramp currently under construction at this time.
After the meeting I went to the Cinema to see "W". What a waste. Despite what Roger Ebert said, I thought it was a very depressing movie, a really sad commentary on American politics. Later I caught a keeper trout off the Phase I pier and I felt better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home