Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Finally. I caught a keeper trout off the pier. It was only 15 and one-half inches long, but I'll take it. This event has become so rare I feel I must document for posterity the circumstances. The catch occurred at 10:42 pm at the first light on the Phase I pier. I was using 15 lb. line and a 3 inch white Gulp. The fight lasted 14.2 seconds. The tide was exceptionally high and the moon was full. Winds were from the southeast at 9 mph with gusts to 14. There was an element of luck involved. The hook was not embedded at all. It was swinging free outside the fish's mouth. The hinge on the fish's jaw had slotted itself neatly into the loop on the snap swivel that I was using. I'm sure I will never catch one like that again. Shortly after the catch I hooked into a really nice flounder at the same location, but without a net, the fish won.
There are very few guests here this week. I have seen no real estate activity either. Owners who have their condo for sale tell me they are receiving absolutely no offers. One plans to drop the price pretty drastically. Another owner of a three bedroom is looking for a winter Texan. They are asking only $1,385 per month. If anyone is interested, contact me.
Scott(702) asked me to see about having his sliding glass door rollers replaced. Aransas Glass came by this afternoon and did a really good job. They showed me a trick to make most all doors work more smoothly. Jim(210) had someone pull the entire handle off his refrigerator door. All that was left were three holes. I measured the holes and took a picture of the upper freezer door handle. At the used appliance business on 188 I was able to find the exact handle that he was missing along with a tray guide that had been broken.
I'm hearing feedback that the google alert that I mentioned last week is working well for those who have used it. I'll be able to tell just how effective it is when I get my weekly stats next Monday. They should show fewer hits as people don't have to keep looking for a post and just wait for the email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home