Sunday, September 27, 2009

Last Tuesday morning I saw a Texas Parks and Wildlife truck pull up into the area near the new pier. Two young ladies got out with binoculars and began taking notes. They are part of a project to identify the types and concentrations of vegatation on the Texas coast. That is a huge undertaking. They said they will finish the project in a year. They surveyed the HEB area and identified a whole bunch of plants that I never knew existed.
A crew was working on Saturday to repair the damage to the outside wall of Sears. I went by today and it looks like new again. The store is still closed. I don't know how it looks inside.
I heard last week that Coastal Rental Management will be dissolving itself into two separate companies. They manage two condos at Kontiki.
There has been an advertisement appearing in the four largest metro area newspapers of Texas. The ad reads "Rockport Texas, Jewel of Texas Gulf. Investor liquidating 48 bayfront & harbor condos up to $100k off recent comps." The ad refers readers to the Kontiki website or to call 916 215-5688. The open house today was held in unit 306. I understand they are writing backup contracts, because most of the units are under contract, at least those in Phase I. The Watson family from Missouri approached me about buying a condo as I was getting ready to go out in my boat on Saturday. I asked them to call the numbers of the agents posted on the windows. When I got back from fishing, about four hours later, they met me at the ramp and said they had tried, but could not reach anyone who could show them a condo. I showed them my place and told them most were similar. I hope they came to today's open house. They seemed very interested in becoming an owner.
Betty Brackle(103) called me from Nebraska this afternoon. She is doing well enough except for her knees. She may not be down this fall as she gets the knees worked on soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home