Thursday, November 19, 2009

We have had some really great weather this week, but today, not so much. Tomorrow the forecast if for 90% chance of rain. The tide is way out right now and I'm sure it will get even lower.
I helped Scott C. take the Purple Martin houses down for the winter and put them in storage earlier this week. Sunday will be Scott's last day to work for the HOA. He will be taking a job with the City of Rockport. He has been a real asset for us and will surely be missed. This morning he caught three trout before punching in to work. The largest was 19 inches. He caught them all on top water lures just north of the pier. I tried a DOA shrimp and landed a 16 inch flounder. Yesterday, I caught the largest gafftop ever from off the back deck. I thought I would be eating gafftop for lunch, but now its going to be flounder. I'm going to take it to Alice Faye's and let them cook it.
I last posted that Sears had a really good sale going. I guess Rob saw that post in California because Cleve, Sears owner, said that Rob called from California to order an on sale dishwasher. Today I went in to look at bedding. They had foundations for king size beds on sale for $139 each, but while I was there they marked them down to $29.93 each. Yes, I did buy them. I'll get the mattress later. They are planning a big sale for Black Friday. They say they will have a 50" LCD TV for less then $500.
Mimi and Bridget(707) were here this week enjoying their new condo. They left the guys at home.
I understand that some of the other condos owned by the Chris and Karra will be put on the market soon. I believe they will all be one bedroom units, although they may include two three bedroom units, but I am just speculating from what I have heard.
Fishing off the pier has been hit and miss for even small trout. One night I catch two at a time and the next night I get no bites at all. I went out at 5 am this morning to give it an early morning effort and did not get a bite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home