Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A new manager began work in the onsite rental office on Monday. There is talk that he will live in the 700 building for the present. I'm sure Rachel is glad to give up that responsibility.
Keith and Ruth Ann Boyer(606) arrived today. I haven't had a chance to talk to them yet.
I have had much trouble with my phone line for the last six weeks. Today AT&T finally came out and found a rusted wire in the box outside. They will have to replace the whole box soon. I did get a number for the local office so we can get expedited service in the future. I didn't even know they had an office in Rockport. If anyone has phone problems here I can share the number with them.
Some asphalt was put into some of the larger potholes in the entrance road. For the first time in my experience, all the lights on both piers now work. A timer has been installed on the Phase II pier lights. Last evening about 11:30 I was trying out the now working lights when a guy about 30 came out. Since anyone under 60 this time of year is suspect, I asked where he was staying. As has happened before he told me he was renting at the Villas and since the same person owned them as well as Kontiki, the renters at the Villas could us the common elements at Kontiki anytime. So much for security and parking permits. He did share that maintenance at the Villas is problematic at best. He said the wait time is long and the personnel are always changing. I can relate to that.
I have come to the realization that the winter Texans who stay here are not representative of their age group. They never cease to amaze me with their vitality. Yesterday Betty(103) decided to ride her bike to Walmart. She had a flat and hitchhiked the rest of the way. She promptly purchased another bike and rode it back to Kontiki. I checked last evening and Walmart is more than four miles away. She said she has no problems with ten miles. I might make ten minutes.
This evening I went to see The Bucket List. There were five of us at that showing. The movie has been on here for almost a month. I can see why. It is very powerful and definitely an old guy's movie. It was not the comedy I expected.
The winds remain fierce and the fishing not so great. Bill did wade the HEB shoreline yesterday and picked up one keeper, barely. Thursday looks like it might be the day to take the boat out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home