Sunday, January 13, 2008

As of Saturday morning, there were over 40 RSVPs for Edd Bowers’ birthday party. I wish I could be there, but I had to come back to San Antonio for a few days.
Don and John and I went out for a couple of hours on Wednesday, but only caught small trout. The weather was not the greatest. I did hear that Otis(604) went to the St. Jose shoreline on the same day and had to throw back many oversized reds.
Friday morning I saw sheriff’s deputy, Lillian, had Justin pulled over on Fulton Beach Road. She looked like she was taking a final exam in speedwriting. I hope she wasn’t too hard on him.
I see Richy is driving a new Escalade, just like Karra. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery.
The work on the motel should be finished in about three weeks. I guess work will begin then on the condo side.
Melissa has left from the onsite rental office. I guess they are shorthanded again. I think Rachel does a good job of trying to keep things going well, but that job is difficult. The winter Texans scheduled for 605, I am told, said the place was not up to standards and asked for other accommodations. I believe they are in 607. Jim and Lois are having to stay in 606 until their place is finished with the remodeling. It should be finished by February first.
The stucco workers came back by and repaired the slumping stucco on my place and 108. The repair didn’t work on 108. It slumped down again.
Winter Texans seem surprised that the roof will be replaced. They like the tile roof that we have now and without any leaks that are evident, the expense seems unnecessary.
I talked to Beverly Peddy on Friday. She said she is busy with W-2 forms and 1099s and is not sure when the next financial statements will be out. She indicated that the Crowley’s have loaned the HOA another $50,000. I’m not sure how that can be since that exceeds what the owners had authorized. I did have an extended conversation with the Aransas County District Attorney on Friday. He feels that any problems with expenses and an audit could be easily handled within the court system of the county. He had concerns about conflict of interest issues when I described our situation to him. I’m more concerned with the accountability of funds.
Its interesting that Sheriff Gilliam has campaign signs plastered all over town while the motel is surrounded by signs for Patterson for sheriff. The casual observer would think the motel is Patterson’s campaign headquarters. It may have something to do with the failure of the Sheriff’s office to solve the late August theft at the motel. I’ve called Phase II “the motel” for so long it’s hard to change. Only newer owners call it Phase II.
I hear that the Crowleys are due in town on Monday. I like it when Chris is in town. Things move at a faster pace and there is more news that’s fit to print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home