Monday, February 11, 2008

I received my first bill from my new retail energy company last week. What a difference from CP&L. I compared the last CP&L bill and the newest bill and the savings was $55. I can't see why anyone would stay with CP&L. I called CP&L to see why their rates were so much more and their response was that they would voluntarily give a 15% reduction on their rates. So why are they not doing that for everyone now? My new company, YEP, posted on their website yesterday that they will now give a bill credit of $25 to both a new customer and the referring customer. Cyrena(501) told me about YEP and I told two others and we didn't get any credits. I guess its just like buying something and then seeing it on sale.
AT&T didn't waste any time coming out to replace the junction pedestal. The repairman noted it on Tuesday and on Wednesday a contractor came out and replaced the old one.
Fishing has been about as poor as it gets. The weather is great and conditions look good, but no one can find the fish. I went with Don and Dennis Gormley on Friday. We used Don's Blue Wave. We covered nearly all the areas around Aransas Pass. There were some small trout at Ransom Island and a few at Hog Island, but no keepers.
Several boats went out on Saturday and not a one came back with a keeper anything. One went straight to Long Reef, down St. Jose to Lydia Ann, out the jetties and along the outside of St. Jose. John Carson and I went out to the nearest reefs around here without much luck. I did hook a really big trout at Half Moon reef. John had him in the net and on the way up to the boat, the fish made a final leap and away it went. If you're wondering how that happened, you need to see my net. Through the years and repairs it now looks more like a worn out tennis racquet and I may need to invest in a new one. The trout was about 20 inches, but each time I relive the moment, the fish seems to get larger.
Ardath(102) and friend,Gary, got in today from Wichita.
The picture below shows how we are preventing rain from coming into 401 and 405 until the windows can be replaced. In the old days Chet used to joke that he needed to caulk every window every other month to prevent leakage. I know since Chet left very little caulk work has been done and these are likely not the only windows that are not rain proof. I know we had a big expense last year to replace windows and stucco in the 700 building because of window leaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home